1/1 Photo of Fast Foolproof Southwest Omlet’esque
Merry Cook's Note:
This is something my sister came up with and its one of my favorite things to make when I need food NOW! Its mostly technique as you can really tailor the recipe ingredients to what you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Crack eggs into a cup and beat with a fork to incorporate - add a pinch of salt & pepper if you like.
- 22. Crush taco chips into a small glass (or microwave safe) bowl.
- 33. Dot chips with the salsa (enchilada sauce will work if you don’t have any salsa).
- 44. Pour beaten eggs over chips & salsa.
- 55. Sprinkle with cheese and microwave for 1.5 to 2 minutes on high. Let cool for 2 minutes and enjoy!
- 66. Other things that can be added under the egg layer are cooked peppers, cooked meat, beans, or cooked veggies. I have not tried it yet but you could probably substitute the taco chips for cooked rice or quinoa. My sister sometimes uses just a corn tortilla spread with enchilada sauce for the bottom layer.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast Foolproof Southwest Omlet’esque
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.2
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 390.1 mg
- Sodium 859.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: