Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
Got this from the newspaper years ago. So easy to whip up and have for breakfast or dust them with sugar before baking and have fresh strawberries and whipped cream on them.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or less)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk (or milk with 1 tsp. vinegar and 1/2 to 1 tsp. baking soda dissolved in it and let set for a few minu)
- egg wash
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Measure oil and milk in measuring cup and do not mix.
- Pour all at once over flour mixture. Just mix in bowl. Does not need to be kneaded or shaped. Just mix until all ingredients are just moistened. Can add a little more flour if it seems too gooey but you basically will take it in your hands to shape and place on pan.
- Let proof 10 min on lightly greased pan. If you want a more golden look, place egg wash on top before baking. If you want a more dessert type biscuit for strawberry shortcake then dust with sugar and melted butter (or egg wash) before baking.
- 475 degrees 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. (You may want to adjust heat and time for your own oven since all cook differently).
So the soup I was making for dinner was almost done and I decided to find a quick biscuit recipe.When I came across this one I must admit I was a little apprehensive, due to the limited number of reviews, but,Ooooooooooo-mg. These were so delicious and fast, I couldn't be happier.I would like to note,I baked them at 425 for about 15 min.
According to my family these are great biscuits. i didn't eat any because I am gluten free. Will take the time to attempt to make them gluten free so I can join in on the goodness. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
WOW not only fast and easy to whip up they are great with soup. To go with the soup had me using less sugar. Measured out the dough in 1/4 cup measures which made for good sized biscuits. Served with recipe#359449 made for one terrific supper. I was so impressed - hard to beleive anything so easy could work so well! Come strawberry season will use this for strawberry shortcake. Meanwhile can't wait to make this one for family and friends when we do soup.