Recipe by nascarmom
Got this from the newspaper years ago. So easy to whip up and have for breakfast or dust them with sugar before baking and have fresh strawberries and whipped cream on them.
Top Review by Streganona
So the soup I was making for dinner was almost done and I decided to find a quick biscuit recipe.When I came across this one I must admit I was a little apprehensive, due to the limited number of reviews, but,Ooooooooooo-mg. These were so delicious and fast, I couldn't be happier.I would like to note,I baked them at 425 for about 15 min.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or less)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk (or milk with 1 tsp. vinegar and 1/2 to 1 tsp. baking soda dissolved in it and let set for a few minu)
- egg wash
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Measure oil and milk in measuring cup and do not mix.
- Pour all at once over flour mixture. Just mix in bowl. Does not need to be kneaded or shaped. Just mix until all ingredients are just moistened. Can add a little more flour if it seems too gooey but you basically will take it in your hands to shape and place on pan.
- Let proof 10 min on lightly greased pan. If you want a more golden look, place egg wash on top before baking. If you want a more dessert type biscuit for strawberry shortcake then dust with sugar and melted butter (or egg wash) before baking.
- 475 degrees 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. (You may want to adjust heat and time for your own oven since all cook differently).