Recipe by SouthernGirl24
This is an easy little recipe that I found that can also be used as a Cherry Cake, just sub 1 20 oz. can of Cherry Pie filling for the chocolate pudding and chips. Also, if you want the Cherry kind, use only 1/2 cup of water as the cherry filling will be liquid enough for the recipe.
- 1 (18 ounce) package Pillsbury Plus Devils Food cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate instant pudding (4 servings)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (6 oz. pkg.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour oil into a 13x9x2 inches pan.
- Tilt the pan to cover the bottom with oil.
- Put remaining ingredients into pan and stir with a fork or spoon until blended (about 2 minutes).
- Scrape sides and spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cooled cake may be sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Use a knife to loosen cake from sides; cut and serve directly from pan.
- Store leftover cake loosely covered.