Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I cannot remember where I found this recipe, but I am glad I did. Any cream soup can be used, but I prefer the Cheddar. It is very nice over buttered orzo.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lawrys salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine meat, onion, salt, pepper, bread crumbs,and egg.
- Shape into small meatballs.
- In a 11x7 inch glass dish melt the butter in the microwave: approximately 30- 45 seconds.
- Add the meatballs.
- Cook 4 minutes, turning after 2 minutes to cook evenly.
- Blend the soup, milk and parsley; pour over meatballs.
- Cover with waxed paper.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Cook an another 5 minutes, then stir again.
- Let stand 5 minutes covered.
- Serve and enjoy!
This was very easy, and good. I made the meatballs less than 1" diameter, and cooked them for 16 minutes total. The sauce tasted a little bland, so I added 1/4 cup sweet chili dipping sauce, which is mildly spicy. Everyone in the family loved this dish, and I'll definitely be making it again and again.
This recipe was a pleasant surprise because as a rule, I do not cook in the microwave. However, needed a quick Monday night meal and had some ground beef on hand. I made the recipe exactly as posted, but used cream of chicken soup as DH doesn't care for the cheese soup. I served the meatballs and sauce over hot cooked rice - very tasty and easy to do. In fact, I made up the meat mixture in advance, then just refrigerated until I was ready to cook. You may have to "tweak" the microwave timing a bit depending on your oven, but I had no trouble getting them to come out moist & tender. Thanks Michelle!