Recipe by SusieQusie
For some reason, my husband thinks he loves gazpacho. Yet if I make a regular size batch, he eats 1 or 2 bowls & that's it. No complaints; it simply doesn't taste as good as he thinks it will. This is a simple, quick recipe to satisfy his imaginary tastebuds and not leave me with a gallon leftover.
Top Review by mizmarple
This is way too salty. 948 mg sodium for an otherwise healthy soup is crazy. You can easily cut the salt in half - if you think it's bland, then increase the other spices. Gazpacho is supposed to be spicy, not salty.
- 1 cucumber, peeled & seeded
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 cups spicy hot V8, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cilantro (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop cucumber, pepper & onion.
- Add half of the veggies to a food processor along with the garlic, 1 cup V8 juice, lime juice, hot sauce & salt. Puree till smooth.
- Pour into a bowl & add remaining 3 cups V8. Chill.
- Serve cold with remaining chopped veggies and cilantro as garnish.