Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This chili is delicious the way it is, but also lends itself to many great substitutions. Try different kinds of meat or leave it meat free. Add sour cream, olives, onions and shredded cheese. Enjoy!
- 1 can kidney beans or 1 can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, with onion and/or garlic undrained
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 ounces sour cream (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup minced olive (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet until broken apart, and drain the fat.
- Add the package of chili seasonings, 1/2 cup of water, beans, whole kernal corn and crushed tomatoes, and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- When cooked you can add the sour cream, onions, olives and cheese according to everyones preferences at the table.
I chose this recipe because it was different from the usual chili I make, never made it with corn kernels before. We like it but the corn did seem a little out of place to us. It was a nice change. i added the onion into the chili and sorry forgot to put cheese on for the photos. It was fast, filling and easy!!