1/1 Photo of Fast Family Chili No. 8, Spaghetti Optional
Bone Man's Note:
I make this one when I'm in a hurry. Honestly, it's as good as any of my other more complex chilis but I love spending time in the kitchen most of the time, which is why I make the others too. This recipe uses ingredients that you already have on hand. Enjoy your supper in less than an hour!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 10 ounces condensed tomato soup
- 15 ounces stewed tomatoes, with juice (or, diced tomatoes)
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 16 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (from a can)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder (or, 2 cubes)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 30 ounces chili beans, with sauce
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained (optional)
- 1In a large cooking pot, brown your burger over medium heat, mashing it up as much as possible as it cooks. Drain the grease, using a colander, and return it to the pot.
- 2Add in all other ingredients, except for spaghetti, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cover, stirring occasionally. Allow to cook at a low boil for 40 minutes.
- 3If you wish, you can serve this over spaghetti and season with Tabasco sauce for a spicy-hot entree. Otherwise, this is fine to eat by the bowl with oyster crackers or saltines.
- 4NOTE: If you want really thick chili, just don't add the water. The butter takes the acidy "edge" off the tomato ingredients but you can leave it out if you want to.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast Family Chili No. 8, Spaghetti Optional
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.3
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Sodium 1186.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 37.3 g