Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this on a recipe card when Southern Living Magazine was touring.
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 12 flour tortillas, warmed
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Cut bell peppers into 1/2 inch strips. Cut chicken into thin strips.
- Heat stir-fry skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 t of the oil and chicken. Stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add remaining oil, bell peppers and garlic pressed. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add chicken, soup mix, water and salsa to a bell pepper mixture.
- Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve place chicken mixture in center of tortillas.
This really was quick and easy. I added one minced serrano chile to the sliced peppers to give it some more heat. My soup mix packet was 1 oz, so I wasn't sure I was using the right ingredient. These were very tasty with the bonus that they're healthy, and did I say FAST and EASY?