Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This recipe comes from "Fast Ed" from Better Homes & Gardens. It's a lovely, simple way to jazz up a roast beef dinner!
- 1 1⁄2 kg beef, whole scotch fillet
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh sage, leaves picked
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C Season beef with salt and pepper. Using the tip of a sharp knife, make 8 incisions about 2cm deep around the beef. Push a sliver of garlic into each cut.
- Lay prosciutto slices overlapping side by side on a chopping boar lined with baking paper. Arrange sage leaves over the top. Put beef at one side and, using the baking paper as a tool to lift and roll, roll to wrap in prosciutto. Tie with butchers twine to secure, Drizzle with olive oil and put in a large roasting pan.
- Roast, turning often, for 1 hour or until prosciutto is well browned and meat is cooked to medium. Rest meat in a warm place, loosely covered in foil, for 5 minutes.