Recipe by ladypit
These are easy and fast to make in your food processor (though you could do it by hand). They are slightly non-traditional biscuits in that they don't use shortening, but they are very tasty and work great when dunked into soup.
Top Review by Evadisney
I was very surprised how good these turned out. I used Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. It worked great. For an easy pot pie, I spooned them over pre-cooked chicken, veggies, and low fat gravy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the flour, baking powder& baking soda, and salt into your food processor.
- (Or you can do it by hand. The food processor is much easier, though.) Pulse once or twice to mix.
- Then add the oil and pulse a few times until it appears mixed.
- Add the sour cream and pulse until the dough comes together (sort of into a ball but not really).
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet you have sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.