Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a friend from work, and she got it from a Mexican restaurant. This is in other words "rice water" it tastes like a rice pudding drink.The original recipe requires you to use actual rice, but this is a fast, refreshing version. The rice flour can be found at your local grocery store in the hispanic isle. Tip: I like to use the pitcher to mix everything well with a spoon and the put the finished drink in an empty milk gallon container and give it all a good shake.
- 1 gallon water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup of goya brand rice flour (or more)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- sugar, to taste
- Fill a measured pitcher with 3 cups of water. Add rice flour, vanilla, cinnamon and mix well.
- This will ensure there aren't any clumps.
- Add the rest of the water to the 1 gallon measure line, condensed milk and sugar (to taste) Stir and mix well. Enjoy!
This tastes great! It needs to be stirred or shaken before each serving but the flavor is pretty authentic.
This was way faster then making it the old fasioned way. I only used 3 quarters of a gallon since it seemed like it was already watered down and I added about 3/4 cup sugar. I really liked it with the sweetened condensed milk. Very easy to make.
So yummy - thanks for posting!