Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Bring a new, delicious idea to your family’s dinner table. Ground Beef Stroganoff - It's surprisingly simple to prepare, and yet the result is unbelievably delicious!
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh button mushrooms, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef gravy (can or jar)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped (Garnish)
- Boil water and butter in a medium pot; cook pasta until tender.
- While the noodles are cooking, brown the ground beef, onions and mushrooms in a large skillet until the meat crumbles.
- Drain fat and add the beef gravy, Worcestershire sauce, sour cream, wine, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and salt; give a good stir.
- Cook over medium heat for approximately five (5) minutes - until thoroughly heated, stirring well.
- Serve over the cooked egg noodles. Garnish with parsley.
What I feel sets this straganoff above the rest is the combination between the gravy & white wine. The cream part was not thick or overpowering, giving a nice consistancy for us. Only changes I made was increased the beef & reduced the pasta abit. As a result I cut back on the gravy/sour cream portion also. I cut some of the salt & replaced the flavour with some finely chopped jalapeno. This is now our favorite stroganoff, thanks for sharing.