My father made this recipe for me years ago and I absolutely loved it! I make it for my children and my younger siblings and they all love it too. This macaroni salad goes great with just about any type of meat whether it's grilled, baked, or fried. Also, makes a great snack when you have leftovers and don't feel like fixing anything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 -5 tablespoons dill pickles, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons black olives, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons green onions, chopped (to taste)
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise (add more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 -2 lb shredded cheddar cheese (to taste)
- 1Boil noodles like you normally would do. Until done. Drain the noodles. Put them in a large bowl and put in the fridge to cool. (Faster prep: Run them under cold water until cool then let sit so all of the water will drain).
- 2Mince pickles and black olives. (Faster & easier prep: Buy dill pickle relish and already chopped black olives).
- 3Chop green onions.
- 4After noodles are cool add mayonnaise (more or less to taste) & mustard (optional) and mix together.
- 5Add pickle, olives, & green onions and mix. (Can use more or less. I personally like a lot of pickles and little onion & olives).
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Put in the fridge to chill. (Sometimes you may need to add more mayo when ready to serve).
- 8Add the cheese when you are serving. (I let everybody add as much as they want. Makes it fun for the kids).
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast, Easy, Delicious Macaroni Salad - Even Your Kids Will Love
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.1
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 429.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 12.4 g