Sonia #2's Note:
This soup is great for people who don’t eat enough veggies; in one bowl you get your vegetable portions needed for a healthy diet. I got this recipe from a cooking book but changed it so that it is more healthy and creamy. I love cream soups but hate the amount of fat in them. I guess you could add some cream in there but I have never tried it. The ingredient amounts are approximations. If you don't have any cauliflower, spinach or asparagus, it won't make a big difference to the recipe. Just play with this recipe and add more green or white veggies of your choice. If you do decide to add more vegetables, no need to alter the stock amount, the soup will just be ticker and creamier. If you decide to make a 5 bowls portion instead of 10 bowls, you still need to put 12 oz of broccoli and 1 potato. The rest of the ingredients you can cut the amount in half. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the broccoli into florets and set aside.
- 2Cut the thicker broccoli stalks into 1/2 inches pieces. Put into a large pan. Add all of the other ingredients (beside the broccoli florets, black pepper and bread/croutons).
- 3As soon as it starts to boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Add the broccoli florets to the soup. Increase heat. Again, as soon as it starts to boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for an extra 3-5 minutes or until potato and broccoli stalks are tender.
- 5Remove from heat and let the soup cool. Remove and throw away the bay leaves.
- 6Transfer soup in a food processor or blender until the texture becomes smooth and creamy.
- 7Return the soup to pan and heat. Add pepper to taste. Serve with bread or croutons.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast & Easy Creamy Vegetable Soup. Green & White Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (1297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: