Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
Warming and comforting for chilly days.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless sirloin steaks, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup quick cooking barley
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- Brown beef in oil in saucepan over medium-high heat (do in batches if necessary), about 4 minutes per batch.
- Add broth, barley, and 5 cups of water to browned beef in saucepan and bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until barley is tender.
- Stir in frozen mixed vegetables and gently heat through, about 5-7 minutes.
I am looking forward to making this, it's just too hot here right now, I will file it away for a nice rainy day!