Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the lazy way to make a very delicious, cake-top cobbler. Anyone can do this one. Enjoy!
Make and share this Fast, Easy Apple Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the baking mix, the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the beaten egg, the salt, the canola oil, the vanilla, and the milk. The batter will be pretty thin.
- Spray a 9" x 9" baking dish with the cooking spray and spread the apple pie filling in the bottom. Pour the batter over it and place into the preheated oven.
- After 25 minutes, remove the cobbler from the oven and sprinkle the remaining sugar (1 tablespoon) and the cinnamon over the top. Return it to the oven right away and bake for 15-20 more minutes until it is light brown on top. You can test the top with a toothpick at the end of this time to see if it comes out clean. If so, it's done. If not, bake for a few more minutes.
- NOTE: You can also substitute cherry or blueberry pie filling for this recipe!
I made this on 7/8/08 for the "Cobblers-Pies-And Tarts Challenge 2008 "event in the Cooking Photo Forum. I also want to say that I'm pleased to be the first one to rate and review this recipe. I sort of made the recipe as written, except I tasted the batter before adding the egg and thought it needed a bit more sugar. So, I added close to 1/2 cup more.I really liked the idea of using pie filling instead of not having to peel and cut apples. The taste of this was very good.This is a "Comfort Food" dessert without all the work. And this will will be made again. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"