Recipe by Pianolady
This is so quick and easy -- and has been enjoyed by all of us many times over the years. When my son was growing up I used it for many a "last minute" dinner when time got away from us. It can be made with leftover ham, or from time to time I buy a package of sliced, pre-cooked ham in the deli section of the supermarket.
Top Review by llangrove
I don't like ham.......but my DH does. He bought a ham slice, so I knew I'd have to cook it. I made this recipe as directed, except I didn't add the salt....to my surprise......DELICIOUS! Cooking time is spot on. I will use this recipe again! Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 slices of pre-cooked ham, about 3/4 ",thick slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the first five ingredients (everything except the ham).
- Slash the fat edge of the ham, if present.
- Place ham on the rack in a broiler pan.
- Spread 1/2 of the apricot glaze on the ham.
- Broil 3" from heat for 6 minutes.
- Turn ham and spread with remaining glaze.
- Broil 6 minutes more.