Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
Apples are so good for you and make a wonderful dessert or even breakfast. This one is somewhere in between and best of all it doesn't have any fat! Can be ready start to finish in under 10 minutes - made in the microwave and can be easily scaled up or down for the number of people you're serving. If your looking to make this more dessert-like, include the optional toppings! WW points w/out optional ingredients = 1
Top Review by helowy
Used regular sugar instead of Splenda, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. Used Fuji apples, unpeeled. I tripled the recipe and just cooked it a bit longer. Super quick and easy and basically a guilt free dessert :) Everyone but Mr. Picky enjoyed it. Made for ZWT6-Whine and Cheese.
- 1 medium apple, cubed into bite-size chunks
- 1 teaspoon Splenda granular
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup water, cold
- 2 tablespoons granola cereal (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free cool whip (optional)
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a small to medium sized microwave-proof bowl (with lid if you have one), combine Splenda, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Add 1/3 cup of cold water & vanilla, and whisk until blended. Add diced apple coat them with the cinnamon mixture.
- Cover the dish and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes - apples should appear translucent and be soft, but not be wrinkled. Microwave temperatures vary, so keep an eye on them.
- Leaving the lid on the bowl, allow sauce to thicken on counter or in microwave and cool for a couple of minutes.
- Enjoy fat-free apple dessert OR top with granola, cool whip and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired!