Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from a friend of mine. A quick snack or appetizer salad. Adjust sugar, vinegar and soy sauce to your own preference.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 English seedless cucumbers, sliced
- Whisk soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and sesame oil together until the sugar is blended.
- Add garlic to the mixture and stir a few times.
- Add the mixture to the cucumbers and toss.
We love marinated cukes, and this is a delightfully different version. Soy sauce and sesame oil give the dish quite a lot of color as well as flavor. It has some fairly strong flavors, especially if you bite into a chunk of the crisp fresh garlic! Made for Pick A Chef.
I bought 5 cucumbers for a dollar, so this recipe worked great to use some up! I did use regular cucumbers. Thank you!
We loved this. It is so simple yet exactly what we were looking for. I had this when I was very young and was looking for the recipe. Thanks!