Prep 6 mins
Cook 25 mins
A money saving meal in a hurry. From Jan / Feb edition of "In my Kitchen".
- 8 chicken thighs, boned and cut into strips
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a deep nonstick saucepan, add onion and cook for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the curry paste and cook while stirring for at least a minute.
- Add the chicken, tomatoes, broccoli and coconut milk to the pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and cook over a low heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately over rice.
We liked this, my only change was to cook the broccoli separately and add it just before serving, so that it kept its crispness and lovely green colour. This would probably be very good with pumpkin cubes added as well, allowing them to cook in the sauce. Good curry, made for I Recommend, thank you Kathy!
I purchased 8 boneless chicken thighes (but only used 4 as the 8 had combines weight of 1.156K0 so used 4 which had a weight of 540 grams) and found this to be plenty for 4 (I was only feeding 3 and ended up with 2 cups of mix left - froze in 1 cup containers, will be interesting to see how it reheats). I did have to use a red Thai curry paste as that was what I had on hand and because the DM has a habit of picking out all the green veg I made it with half broccoli and half cauliflower and my tin of coconut milk was 165ml so added the lot which I was glad of as my tomatoes did not have a lot of juice so we had a lovely sauce to serve over our rice. The big surprise was that I was expecting the DM to leave her broccoli on the side of the plate but she ate it up (hmm maybe well disguised) but I really enjoyed the flavours and would definately make again as a quick meal when the DH is not about as he hate Thai curry pastes. thank you Kiwi Kathy, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #62 March 2012.
Very enjoyable, quick and easy. Made for Made for Aussie/NZ Swap 42