Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
A money saving meal in a hurry. From Jan / Feb edition of "In my Kitchen".
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
We liked this, my only change was to cook the broccoli separately and add it just before serving, so that it kept its crispness and lovely green colour. This would probably be very good with pumpkin cubes added as well, allowing them to cook in the sauce. Good curry, made for I Recommend, thank you Kathy!
- 8 chicken thighs, boned and cut into strips
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a deep nonstick saucepan, add onion and cook for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the curry paste and cook while stirring for at least a minute.
- Add the chicken, tomatoes, broccoli and coconut milk to the pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and cook over a low heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately over rice.