Recipe by Areinard
This is a dinner I just threw together tonight. My fiance and I gobbled it up, but anything that pleases him is a keeper. Super quick to put together. He wanted to go to Taco Bell, but I convinced him to stay for chicken! :) He even helped me cut up the chicken! I also made corn which took 3 minutes in the microwave. You could also serve the chicken overtop rice, but that would take 20 minutes vs. 5 for the stuffing.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into cubes.
- Heat oil in skillet over Medium-High heat. Add chicken and begin to brown. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Boil water with butter for stuffing mix in saucepan. Mix cornstarch with water until smooth for chicken.
- Add to skillet: soy sauce, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper.
- When water has boiled for the stuffing add the dry bread mix, stir, cover and remove from heat.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the chicken in small doses! I did not use it all. I added a little, let it simmer a minute, then added more to get the sauce to desired consistency.
- Add the honey, stir and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Serve halfway-overtop stuffing.