Recipe by JESMom
These look super fast thanks to frozen puff pastry dough! I've not made them before, but the recipe picture from Easy to Bake, Easy to Make looks amazing! I'm not sure if the recipe ingredients means 1/2 of a 15 ounce package of frozen puff pastry dough, or that it usually comes in a 30 ounce package, so just use half of it. So use that good judgement God has given you and don't whine about it!
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unroll puff pastry onto a lightly flowered surface. Divide pastry sheet into 3 strips along the fold lines.
- Beat egg white and water in a small dish.
- Place the Parmesan on another surface (maybe a jelly roll pan).
- Brush the egg mixture over the pastry strip. Drag the pastry in the cheese, coating both sides.
- Cut each strip crosswise into 1/2 inch strips and place 1/2 an inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until golden and crisp, 8-10 minutes.
- To make cinnamon straws: omit the cheese, coat the pastry with cinnamon and sugar after brushing with the egg.
- Can be frozen up to 6 weeks. To reheat, bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 2-3 minutes.