Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick alternative to the more time consuming ones. This is a very close sub. with a lot less work!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Drain off all but 1/4 cup liquid from potatoes.
- In medium saucepan melt butter.
- Add sugar and reserved liquid.
- Add potatoes.
- Stir to coat.
- Pour into medium casserole.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Add pecans if using.
- Put in oven and bake till brown (30 minutes).
I made this for Thanksgiving, and everyone loved it! Much easier using the canned sweet potatoes-goes together in a flash. The only suggestion I would make, is to wait to add the marshmallows the last few minutes of baking-mine burned before the rest of it was done.
Inez this is a great recipe! I made this for my Thanksgiving Dinner and found that not only was it fast but extremely easy and delish...Thanks for the recipe.
This is the way I've been making my sweet potatoes for years! I usually cut the sugar down to 1/4 cup and Use large marshmallows instead of miniature (just a personal preferance) I think they turn out great with the canned potatoes and it's such a timesaver. I just cut up the butter into small pieces and sprinkle it over them, then sprinkle with sugar, top with marshmallows and toss them in the oven. It doesn't get any easier than this. Thanks!