Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick alternative to the more time consuming ones. This is a very close sub. with a lot less work!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Drain off all but 1/4 cup liquid from potatoes.
- In medium saucepan melt butter.
- Add sugar and reserved liquid.
- Add potatoes.
- Stir to coat.
- Pour into medium casserole.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Add pecans if using.
- Put in oven and bake at 350 degrees till brown (30 minutes).
I made this for Thanksgiving, and everyone loved it! Much easier using the canned sweet potatoes-goes together in a flash. The only suggestion I would make, is to wait to add the marshmallows the last few minutes of baking-mine burned before the rest of it was done.
Inez this is a great recipe! I made this for my Thanksgiving Dinner and found that not only was it fast but extremely easy and delish...Thanks for the recipe.
No canned sweet potatoes here. Not as easy but 100% better no matter what you may add. From scratch is the winner every time.