Recipe by MizzNezz
Quick alternative to the more time consuming ones. This is a very close sub. with a lot less work!
Top Review by mal in missouri
I made this for Thanksgiving, and everyone loved it! Much easier using the canned sweet potatoes-goes together in a flash. The only suggestion I would make, is to wait to add the marshmallows the last few minutes of baking-mine burned before the rest of it was done.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain off all but 1/4 cup liquid from potatoes.
- In medium saucepan melt butter.
- Add sugar and reserved liquid.
- Add potatoes.
- Stir to coat.
- Pour into medium casserole.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Add pecans if using.
- Put in oven and bake at 350 degrees till brown (30 minutes).