Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
The great thing about making wraps is the unbelieveable amount of variations that can be done with them...You are only limited by your imagination! Here's a basic 'breakfast' wrap, but it's only a 'starting point'...Add stuff in, take stuff out, whatever floats your boat! I especially like that I can lower the fat and sodium content using egg substitute, 50% lowfat cheese and low sodium salsa!
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 177.44 ml egg substitute (Egg Beaters preferred)
- 14.79 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 4.92 ml salt (optional)
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 236.59 ml low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 177.44 ml salsa, chunky-style (low-sodium, if available)
- 6 large flour tortillas (I like oat bran and flax seed lavash bread)
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over med-high heat.
- Combine the eggs, egg substitute, milk, salt (optional) and pepper, beating well.
- Pour into the skillet and cook the mixture, without stirring, until the bottom and edges begin to set (about 1 min).
- Then continue to cook the mixture, now stirring continually, until just slightly set (an additional 2 min).
- Add in the cheddar cheese and stir; remove from the heat.
- While the egg mixture is cooking, you can also heat the salsa over low heat, until warmed.
- Wrap the tortillas (or lavash bread) in a clean kitchen towel and zap in the microwave on high for 1 min (to warm).
- Divide the now cooked egg mixture evenly amongst the tortillas, spreading the mixture down the center of each one.
- Top each of the portions with 2 tbsp of the warmed salsa.
- Now to close your wrap: fold over one side of the wrap over the filling, then fold up the bottom, then roll the rest of the wrap up securely.
- Serve immediately.
This makes a nice, quick breakfast. I used just a little salt. My salsa was Chi-Chi's Garden Fiesta Salsa...it has corn and black beans in it. I would have loved to include some fresh chopped cilantro, but I was out. I will make these again and use some fresh cilantro. Thanx for a nice breakfast.