1/1 Photo of Fast Breakfast Wraps
The great thing about making wraps is the unbelieveable amount of variations that can be done with them...You are only limited by your imagination! Here's a basic 'breakfast' wrap, but it's only a 'starting point'...Add stuff in, take stuff out, whatever floats your boat! I especially like that I can lower the fat and sodium content using egg substitute, 50% lowfat cheese and low sodium salsa!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters preferred)
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup salsa, chunky-style (low-sodium, if available)
- 6 large flour tortillas (I like oat bran and flax seed lavash bread)
- 1Heat oil in a medium skillet over med-high heat.
- 2Combine the eggs, egg substitute, milk, salt (optional) and pepper, beating well.
- 3Pour into the skillet and cook the mixture, without stirring, until the bottom and edges begin to set (about 1 min).
- 4Then continue to cook the mixture, now stirring continually, until just slightly set (an additional 2 min).
- 5Add in the cheddar cheese and stir; remove from the heat.
- 6While the egg mixture is cooking, you can also heat the salsa over low heat, until warmed.
- 7Wrap the tortillas (or lavash bread) in a clean kitchen towel and zap in the microwave on high for 1 min (to warm).
- 8Divide the now cooked egg mixture evenly amongst the tortillas, spreading the mixture down the center of each one.
- 9Top each of the portions with 2 tbsp of the warmed salsa.
- 10Now to close your wrap: fold over one side of the wrap over the filling, then fold up the bottom, then roll the rest of the wrap up securely.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast Breakfast Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 110.1 mg
- Sodium 1126.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 21.5 g