Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
This can be made a day or two ahead and frozen. Just remove from freezer and refrigerate two hours or so before serving. It can be doubled easily. Prep time does not include freezing time.
- 3 bananas, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (concentrate will work too)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Freeze banana slices until very firm, overnight or all day.
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Process on high until mixture is consistency of soft ice cream.
- Serve immediately or freeze and serve later.
This was definitely easy to make, which I liked. Now, the taste, I'm not entirely sure about. To me, it tastes like under-ripe bananas. I'm not sure if that is because of the orange juice and lemon, or if it's because I should be using really ripe bananas. The bananas I used were ripe, but not over-ripe. I think that maybe they bananas need to be super-ripe, like the kind you would use for banana bread....but, again, not sure, as the OJ could be the culprit. Of course, if you like the flavor of under-ripe bananas, then this is perfect!