Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A really quick recipe that gives good results! Adapted from Southern Living magazine.
Make and share this Fast As Lightning Mississippi Mud Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (17 5/8 ounce) packages fudge brownie mix
- 2 large eggs (or as directed on pkg.)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or as directed on pkg.)
- 1⁄4 cup water (or as directed on pkg.)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- chocolate frosting (store bought or homemade)
- Place the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until toasted.
- Prepare mix according to the package directions using eggs, vegetable oil, and water; pour into a greased 15x10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and top with marshmallows; bake 8 to 10 more minutes.
- Drizzle warm cake with Chocolate Frosting, and sprinkle evenly with toasted pecans. Enjoy!
Dh LOVES Mississippi Mud Cookies, so he requested a cake like that for his b-day. I didn't have much time to do the more involved recipes I found, but this one seemed like a good sub. He wasn't crazy about the marshmallow topping, but the rest of us loved it. I only used one box of brownies and put it in a 9x13 pan. I also melted the frosting in the microwave for a minute or so, to make it easier to drizzle. The boys and I snacked on it all weekend, so it was definitely a keeper for us. :-)
We really enjoyed this cake. It was so easy to make. Loved the toasted pecans too. Will make again soon. Thanks for posting.
We all LOVED this easy and delicious treat. I halved the recipe because *each* box of brownie mix needed 2-3 eggs and 2/3 cup oil and I didn't have enough oil. I let the marshmallows deflate and cool a little before drizzling with Grandma's Chocolate Fudge Frosting. I used walnuts instead of pecans but otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks for posting this delicious treat!