Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is just like the standard apple crisp. I didn't have oats so I figured I'd try a cake mix.This is a real big hit with my family.
- 1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 5 lbs granny smith apples (works best , about 5 lbs.)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, semi soft
- Lightly grease a 9x13 cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and cut about 5 lbs. Granny Smith apples.
- In separate bowl mix cake mix and butter just to crumble.(May need more or less butter).
- Put cut apples in cake pan.
- Top apples with spice topping.
- Dab of butter on top (5-6 small cuts scattered).
- Put in oven and bake until topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Take out let cool.
- Top with ice cream if desired.