Recipe by SLW81
The secret to great Chicken Spaghetti is the way you prepare the noodles. You cook them in chicken broth and it adds a ton a flavor to the dish! (This is a recipe that my mom shared with me that she got while she was at Baylor) This is great quick dish that you can put together in about 20 to 30 min, serve with a salad and your meal is compete. I take this to friends a lot who have just had a baby or are sick.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (7 -8 ounce) box spaghetti
- 1 (24 ounce) can white chicken meat packed in water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- The secret to good chicken spaghetti is to cook the pasta in chicken broth.
- Put 2 cans of chicken broth in a sauce pan and cook spaghetti according to the directions on the box. Just substituting chicken broth for the water. If 2 cans isn't enough liquid you can add water. You can also intensify the taste buy adding Chicken Granules.
- While pasta is cooking melt butter in a pan and saute onion till soft (don't brown).
- When onions are soft add jar of pimentos (including liquid), chicken (with the water, if you got oil drain before adding), a 1/2 cup of cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well, then add drained spaghetti and stir.
- Put in a 9x13 casserole dish and cover with remaining cheese.
- At this point you can cover and refrigerate. Then take out later and bake or take it to a friend that can either bake if off then or refrigerate for later. Remember that the chicken is cooked so this can hang out for several days before cooking.
- Bake at 350 till warm and cheese is bubbly gooey!