Recipe by ladypit
I had planned to make something nice for dinner tonight but a headache overcame me and I decided to scale down. Using a suggestion in a magazine as a jumping off point, I made this up. It was quite tasty! Serve this over rice or noodles. We liked "no yolk" egg noodles (the ones made only with egg whites so there is no cholestorol) but many other options would work.
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (15 ounce) cansother white beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a pan and spray with non-stick spray.
- When it is warm, add the garlic and onion and cook until starting to get translucent.
- Drain and rinse the canned beans.
- (Rinsing gets rid of some of the sodium.).
- Add the can of tomatoes with juice, and then the drained and rinsed beans as well as the basil.
- Mix it all together.
- Let it simmer 5-10 minutes (or while the pasta cooks) until it is bubbly.
- If you like your beans softer, let it cook longer.
- Serve over pasta or rice.