Recipe by Mimi in Maine
A recipe from my aunt. It calls for Swiss cheese but I have made it with Cheddar which only changes the flavor a tad. Either way, it is very good.
- 4 whole chicken breasts (cooked)
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups of pepperidge farm seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup of melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the chicken breasts till done; cut up in large pieces.
- Put in the bottom of a buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with cheese.
- Lay the sliced mushrooms over the cheese.
- Mix the soup and milk; pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle the two cups of stuffing mix over the chicken.
- Melt the butter and drizzle on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, covering the last few minutes with foil if the stuffing gets too brown. Should be alright.