Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
From Gooseberry Patch-Mom's Favorite Recipes. I received this in the Cookbook Swap from mandabears and just love the simplicity of the recipes and the wholesomeness that comes with them. Easy to make, simple food that is nutritous and tasty!
- 4 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, seperated
- 2 teaspoons mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute zucchini and onion in butter for 10 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk the next 8 ingredients together, stir in mozzerealla cheese.
- Fold in zucchini mixture, set aside.
- Line the bottom and sides of an ungreased 10" pie pan with crescent rolls, pinch seams to seal. Brush with musterd:pour egg and zucchini mixture into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees until set, about 17-20 minute Cover crust edging with aluminum foil during last 10 min of baking.
- note- You may use fresh seasonings, just adapt to measurements, 1/2 t dried oregano = 1 tsp fresh oregano.