Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Starts with a yellow cake mix. It doesn't get any easier than this!! Top with cream cheese icing - YUM!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini, do NOT peel
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- Beat together cake mix, eggs, oil, cinnamon and vanilla until well mixed.
- Fold in grated zucchini and nuts.
- Bake in a greased 9x13 pan for 30-40 minutes. Use toothpick to test.
- Top with cream cheese icing when cooled - I cheat and use the canned!
Just made into muffins. Do not squeeze the zucchini. It is your liquid for the recipe. They will be very dry if you do. I learned my making them that way. Then today I made them again with out squeezing the zucchini and they are just great. Also No baking tem. so I baked the cupcakes at 350 for 20 minutes. I will make them as long as my garden zucchini last.
This recipe is fantastic! It has become a summer staple in our house since we have pleny of zucchini in our garden. The cake is moist and quick to throw together. I reduced the oil and used a combo of 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites to lower the fat and it was still delicious. Also good with chocolate cake mix.
This cake was really good. I do recommend squeezing any liquid first out of the zucchini. We will be making this cake again - thank you for posting it!!