These pizzas are made in about the same time as it takes to peel a batch of potatoes. So easy, yet delicious and great fun to make if you have kids that like to get involved. I normally make 2 pizzas per person which I serve with a generous salad.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the flour, olive oil and ¼ cup lukewarm water. Stir and gradually add more water until you get a firm dough. Don’t worry if you accidentally add too much water – just add some more flour.
- Once your dough is ready divide it into four pieces. Roll out each piece until it is the size of the base of a frying pan.
- Put your frying pan on a mediate high. Dry fry the pizza bases until they are getting crisp.
- Leave the pan on the heat and quickly fry your pepper and mushrooms with 1 tbsp oil.
- Add 2 tsp of tomato paste to each of your pizza bases. Spread it our to cover the whole pizza, until the edge. Top with 1 tsp red pesto and spread out as well.
- Now add the peppers, mushrooms, capers, jalapenos and olives to the pizzas. Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Put the pizzas in the oven for 6 minutes, until your cheese has just started to melt.
- You can use any kind of topping you like with these pizzas.
- Use dairy free cheese for a vegan pizza or no cheese at all.