Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
This recipe is so simple I cannot believe it! Great for Christmas gifts or any occasion! Great rainy day activity too! Try peppermint extract and chips for Christmas! Top with candy corn for Halloween! Top with anything you like and vary it to whatever holiday is near! Great use for those sprinkles I always seem to have a ton of after a holiday! Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 40 saltine crackers (NOT use unsalted)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (Real butter only)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cover cookie sheet with a single layer of aluminum foil. Cover foil with some cooking spray. Add saltines in one even layer.
- 3Bring real butter, brown sugar, and extract to a boil and cook until sugar is melted and mixture thickens and starts to look like caramel. Pour evenly over saltines and spread to cover every cracker. Place in middle of preheated oven.
- 4Bake for 7-8 minutes or until toffee becomes bubbly all over even in the center of the pan. Remove from oven. Immediately pour chocolate chips evenly on top of candy and let melt. After about 3 minutes the chocolate should be melted enough to spread gently over the entire toffee surface. Now add any topping you wish! I like to gently press them into chocolate so they do not fall off when eating them! Usually just take another piece of sprayed foil and cover entire surface then gently pat it all down and remove foil. Do not push too hard or foil will stick.
- 5Let cool for a few minutes then place in fridge or freezer until hard. Break into pieces and and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast and Easy Toffee Crunch Bars
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 60.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g