Recipe by Scott Rhoades
Easy sauce for vegetables, chicken, or fish. I originally developed this recipe as a topping for fresh steamed broccoli but found it works well with a variety of foods. I get the tangerine juice from Walmart but other large grocery stores and natural food markets should carry it. For a slightly different flavor try mandarin orange juice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups tangerine juice (no pulp)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1 cup of tangerine juice in sauce pan along with lemon juice, butter, and salt.
- Put pan on low heat.
- You want to heat up the mixture without boiling it.
- The butter should be completely melted and sauce steaming.
- While the main ingredients are heating up, mix the remaining 1/2 cup of tangerine juice with the corn starch and mix until smooth.
- Once the sauce is steaming slowly whisk the corn starch mixture into the pan.
- Keep whisking until sauce thickens.
- Once sauce has thickened, remove from heat and serve over you favorite steamed vegetables (it is excellent over broccoli), fish, or chicken.