Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a really easy recipe and comes together quite quickly. It makes a nice, healthy weeknight meal. I got this recipe from my sister and have no idea where she got it from.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain and set aside -OR- **If you're good at multi-tasking, you can cook the spaghetti noodles and the shrimp at the same time and they should both be done at the same time.
- Sprinkle blackening seasoning evenly over shrimp and set aside.
- Coat a large, non-stick skillet with cooking spray and add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add shrimp to skillet; cook 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in lemon juice, tomatoes and pepper. Turn heat down to simmer and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over drained pasta and serve immediately.
This is such an easy and delicious recipe. I stumbled across this recipe in the forums and my family loved it! I didn't use the blackening seasoning b/c I didn't have any. Used a different kind of seasoning from the Melting Pot. I think simple salt and pepper would be fine. Very adaptable recipe. Our store only had tomatoes with garlic and onion, which worked just fine. Bought a can of tomatoes with basil and oregano to try next time. Thanks for such a quick and yummy recipe!