Using the microwave provides a quicker version of potato salad than you'll get from boiling the potatoes. Fast, simple, easy, and delicious! Perfect for those days when you just want potato salad but can't be bothered to make it from scratch, yet don't want the garbage you get at the grocery store. Also great for people living in households where other members don't share the same potato salad enjoyment (my fiancee hates mayo). For gluten-free or lactose free version-check that the mayo used is suitable
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 medium potatoes (try to pick ones around the same size for even cooking)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon mild paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 baby dill pickle, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice (optional)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
- 1Cut the eyes and blemishes off the potatoes. Skin them if you prefer but I think they're delicious and they're definitely more nutritional!
- 2Rinse the potatoes and place them in the microwave undried.
- 3Microwave the potatoes (three at a time if you're making a double or triple recipe for the whole family or a potluck) spaced evenly apart on HIGH for THREE MINUTES.
- 4Chop your green onions. Chop your pickle and eggs if desired.
- 5Flip the potatoes over (careful, they're hot!) and microwave on HIGH for THREE MINUTES more.
- 6Mix the mayo, spices, onions, and optional pickle and eggs in a medium-sized bowl.
- 7Let the potatoes rest in the microwave for a few minutes (they will continue to cook).
- 8Test the doneness of the potatoes with a knife or fork by piercing into the center of each one. If the knife does not go in smoothly or there is resistance, repeat the microwaving process above in increments of ONE MINUTE.
- 9Place the cooked potatoes immediately into a bowl of cold water. Let cool for a few minutes.
- 10Remove the potatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces (usually halves and then eights will do) - careful, they may still be hot inside.
- 11Mix potatoes with sauce mixture, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast and Easy Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 851.1
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 879.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: