Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mom used to make these when I was growing up and we always loved "pita pizza night". This is a super quick and easy way to take care of that pizza craving! Great for a quick lunch or snack. Kids love it!
- 1 piece pita bread (white or whole wheat)
- store-bought jar your favorite sauce (spaghetti or pizza)
- shredded mozzarella cheese (part-skim or whole milk)
- your favorite Italian spices (garlic powder, oregano, basil, parsley, etc.)
- ok ready? here's the "hard" part.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split open the pita bread to make two flat round halves.
- Spread spaghetti/pizza sauce with a spoon. Drop the sauce with the spoon and use the flat back-end of the spoon to spread.
- Spread mozzarella cheese on top.
- Dash of your favorite spices.
- Cook 5-7 minutes, depending on how toasty you want the bread.
I do this quite frequently although I do not split the pita. I add cooked ground beef, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, etc. We like the pita rather than a heavy pizza crust. An excellent and easy way for a pizza fix.
These are a great anytime meal or snack. I have made them with left over tortillas too. Thanks for posting this great and simple recipe.