Recipe by KittenWhizkers
This is my simple modified version of pea soup. I modified the recipe to be vegetarian friendly by adding vegetable broth instead of chicken.
- 3 tablespoons dried onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 lb frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter or margarine in large pot over medium heat. Add dried onions and cook for about 1 minute( do not burn).
- Add water, and dill weed to pot. Bring liquid to a boil and add the bouillon cubes, stirring until cubes are completely dissolved.
- Add frozen peas and bring back to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until peas are cooked. Remove pot from heat and set aside to cool for about 3 minutes.
- Take pea mixture and put into a blender and puree until smooth. Add cream cheese and continue to blend until mixed in completely. Salt and pepper to taste then serve.