Recipe by Annacia
Huevos Revueltos make a very quick and very tasty dish for any time of the day or evening. Serve with toast, roll them up in a tortilla, make scrambled egg tacos with cheese on top. Any way you serve them, they are yummy.
Top Review by breezermom
I used Mrs. Renfro's Gourmet Jalapeno Green Salsa, but discovered I had no sour cream. So I sprinkled a bit of shredded mexican cheese blend on top. My salsa was quite hot, and the cheese helped offset it a bit. I agree with Starrynews that this would be an excellent tortilla filling to make this a "to-go" meal. Thanks for sharing! Made for Newest tag game.
- 1 cup salsa, de chile verde (Green Chile Sauce)
- 6 slightly beaten eggs
- sour cream (to taste, for topping)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 10-inch skillet heat Salsa de Chile Verde over medium heat until bubbly.
- Pour beaten eggs over sauce in skillet.
- Cook without stirring over low head for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until mixture begins to set on bottom.
- Lift and fold eggs with spatula so uncooked part runs to bottom.
- Continue lifting and folding about 5 minutes more till eggs are cooked through, but still glossy and moist.
- Pass sour cream to spoon on top.