Prep 4 mins
Cook 7 mins
Huevos Revueltos make a very quick and very tasty dish for any time of the day or evening. Serve with toast, roll them up in a tortilla, make scrambled egg tacos with cheese on top. Any way you serve them, they are yummy.
- 1 cup salsa, de chile verde (Green Chile Sauce)
- 6 slightly beaten eggs
- sour cream (to taste, for topping)
- salt and pepper
- In a 10-inch skillet heat Salsa de Chile Verde over medium heat until bubbly.
- Pour beaten eggs over sauce in skillet.
- Cook without stirring over low head for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until mixture begins to set on bottom.
- Lift and fold eggs with spatula so uncooked part runs to bottom.
- Continue lifting and folding about 5 minutes more till eggs are cooked through, but still glossy and moist.
- Pass sour cream to spoon on top.
I used Mrs. Renfro's Gourmet Jalapeno Green Salsa, but discovered I had no sour cream. So I sprinkled a bit of shredded mexican cheese blend on top. My salsa was quite hot, and the cheese helped offset it a bit. I agree with Starrynews that this would be an excellent tortilla filling to make this a "to-go" meal. Thanks for sharing! Made for Newest tag game.
A great reason to open up my fire roasted verde salsa! I had some leftover roasted asparagus, carrots and chives so threw them in there too. Turned out great and I actually served with a little bit of ketchup. Thanks Annacia!
Ole this was so good and here is me thinking that salsa is only for dipping corn chips into, I couldn't get the salsa specified in the recipe so used an hot ElPaso chuncky salsa and served with sour cream and some cheesy corn chips and was just going WOW WOW with every mouthful, thank you Annacia for a great breakfast, made for Spring Photo Tag.