Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Some mornings you're looking at a package of round steaks or some other tough cut that NEEDS a marinade. And you've got 5 minutes before you have to walk out the door so there isn't time to measure out a lot of ingredients for something complexly seasoned. This marinade will make the cut because its almost as easy as the bottled kind. But you won't feel shortchanged at dinner time because it tastes like more work than it really is. Also good on chicken.
- Mix all ingredients in a plastic, zipper bag.
- Add steaks or chicken pieces and squash around to make sure that all surfaces are coated. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Marinate, refrigerated, for 6-8 hours (flip bag halfway through if you have the opportunity.
- Grill or broil meat according to your usual preference.
- Note -- I use any sort of white wine that I happen to have on hand. The flavor will vary slightly but it will be good regardless of whether you used white zinfandel, Riesling, Chablis, or ?
Used 4 teaspoons of fresh rosemary and a chardonnay. I quartered 2 small chickens (total weight of 2 just over 2K) and marinated for 5 hours. Roasted in the oven for about 45 minutes, basting occassionally (though not in the last 15 minutes) with the marinade using a branch of fresh rosemary as my brush. A moist and deliciously easily made chicken. Thank you 3KillerBs - made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.