Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made in three minutes and good to most hot food, or as it is, served with bread.
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1⁄8 teaspoon dry chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain peas and rinse with warm water.
- Grate the onion on a grater, squeeze the lemon.
- Add the spices, mix.
- Finally, stir in the olive oil and taste, adding more spices if desired.
- Add peas and if possible, marinate for half an hour.
- Serve cool.
This makes a good salad. I cooked dry garbanzo beans, and used 2 cups for the salad. Even cooking the beans myself, the salad was not difficult to make, though it did take longer than opening a can. As things turned out, there was plenty of dressing, which was nice because I wanted to add some vegetables. I added tomato, cucumbers and parsley, without adding any more dressing or seasonings. It was fine for me. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
This was fast and easy... a good healthy side salad that is nice change from the traditional "three bean" salad, It was a bit bland for our taste and I will increase the spices next time I make it. Thank you for sharing this one.