Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
It is the week between Christmas and New Year's Eve and I have very little in the house. So, I have to be creative with things I have in the cupboard. This is what I came up with tonight. It could very easily be made a lot lower in fat by using reduced fat hot dogs and cheese. I used whole wheat pasta which is also another easy way to sneak in a it of extra nutrients.
Top Review by **Mandy**
This was fast & easy but we found it just okay. I would have liked the tomato flavour to shine through a bit more but the spices seemed to overpower it a bit much for our liking. Thanks for posting!
- 8 ounces whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, reduced fat
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 9 ounces hot dogs, cut up into little bits
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Put pasta into boiling water to cook for the time suggested on the packet.
- Meanwhile fry off the onions and mushrooms in a pan until the onions just start to turn brown.
- Add chopped hot dogs to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until the hot dog bits are heated through.
- Add the beans and heat through.
- Stir in the can of soup and the spices and stir until the soup is heated through.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the pan. Toss until the sauce mixture has fully coated the pasta.
- Put into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.