Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
this recipe is super simple to make and only uses one pan. I almost have to double my batch just to keep some around for more than a day. the peanut butter mixture is almost like a taffy. very tasty all on its own.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Add corn flakes and stir until all are coated with syrup mixture.
- Drop by tablespoon onto waxed paper.
- *you can add 1 tsp of vanilla for a slightly different flavor.
- *or you can spread the mix out into a 13 x 9 dish and cut into squares.
I had this recipe for a long time and then it mysteriously disappeared. I was so sad! I was thrilled to find it again here. Very yummy recipe! For a delicious variation, you can sprinkle chocolate chips on top after you spread it in the cake pan. When the chips are shiny, spread them across the candy before cutting into squares. Yummy!!