Recipe by ladypit
This is a fabulously easy pie that looks like you worked really hard! It makes its own crust and can be prepared and in the oven in no time. I found the original recipe in the "More With Less" cookbook and modified it slightly.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
I know this recipe as Impossible Pie and it is my absolute favorite - no holiday would be complete without it. It truly does make it's own crust and this custard always comes out just right - never watery.
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups skim milk (or use regular but skim is all I have)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 10 inch pie plate with cooking spray and then dust with flour.
- (Or grease it and then flour it in your usual method.) In a blender place everything but the coconut.
- Mix until it is blended.
- Add the coconut and blend for a few seconds or until it is all mixed.
- Pour it into the pie plate and bake for 50-60 minutes.