Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I looked all over trying to find a basic recipe for chili mac and could not. So I came up with my own version of it. My kids gobbled it up and they are really picky eaters.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Hormel chili without beans
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook macaroni as directed on box.
- Brown hamburger; drain. Add chili and kidney beans. Mix well. Add macaroni and seasoning. Mix well. Heat on medium until mixture begins to boil. Add 1/4 cup cheese and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with remaining cheese.